msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] lost horse in SW Virginia

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Jyaniro@aol.com
  • To: MSAR-Riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] lost horse in SW Virginia
  • Date: Fri, 29 May 2009 23:17:22 EDT

e-mail alert I got

As some of you may know, I was riding in the national forest on Saturday, 5/23 when my horse ran off, fully tacked. It was in the Camp Bethel/Fringer Trail area of Botetourt County, VA. We tracked him for a while but lost the tracks and haven't found any tack. Multiple search parties have searched every day so we think he my have ran off to another area. He is a Quarter Horse, lineback dun, light red in color. He is approximately 14.3 hands high, has a white blaze and white left rear sock. He is 8 years old and goes by the name Dan.He is very timid and probably very scared. As I mentioned, he was wearing a bridle and saddle with saddlepack when lost, but he may have broken them off by now. If you have any questions, please call me at 540-797-2747. If you have any family of friends that live in this area, please forward this e-mail to them. If you could forward this to any horse people you might know since there is always the risk someone has caught him and is trying to sell him. I am currently offering a $250 reward for his safe return. No questions asked.

Candace Poling

  • Re: [MSAR] lost horse in SW Virginia, Jyaniro, 05/29/2009