msar-riders - [MSAR] Dogs & Horse's

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: The Hitchn Post <hitchnup@msn.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Dogs & Horse's
  • Date: Sun, 10 May 2009 15:03:49 -0600

I am on the Iron County Mounted SAR and also with the Zion K-9 SAR my GSD is Certified Air-scent and Cadaver. He will do a find and re-find while I am mounted.
When searching on foot he hits my right hand when he has a find and then takes my to the victim he hits my foot when I am mounted then takes me back to the victim.

When training we work our horse's on alerting and when they take us in to the hiding person that person gives the horse a treat and we give lots of praise. That way our horse's are out there looking also.

Pam Williams
Iron County MSAR
Utah

  • [MSAR] Dogs & Horse's, The Hitchn Post, 05/10/2009