msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Dead Links

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Joe Bigley <jsbigley@mindspring.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Dead Links
  • Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 11:38:10 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

Hi UNA...I've researched the links in Colorado and found the following:

http://www.boulderhorse.org/ - New Link for Boulder County Horse Assn. - This
web site states that Mounted SAR is now managed by the Boulder County
Sheriff's Department, which is found at:

http://www.bouldercounty.org/Sheriff/index.htm - although I didn't find any
info on Mounted Search and Rescue on this web site or on the Boulder County
Horse Assn. web site.

http://www.larimersheriff.org/Operations/Posse.aspx is the new link for the
Larimer County Sheriff's Posse...the old link doesn't work any longer...

http://sheriff.mesacounty.us/volunteer/Posse.cfm is the new link for the Mesa
County Sheriff's Posse...the old link doesn't work any longer...

http://www.moffatcountysheriff.com/ is the new link for the Moffat County
Sheriff's office...the SAR page on the website is under construction, as is
most of the web site...the old link no longer works...

The link for Montrose County is not working - the link to the sheriff's
office is on the County website and only has one page that says nothing about
Montrose County Mounted SAR.
I was unable to find any mounted SAR websites in Montrose County.

http://coloradoranger.org/B_Troop_meetings.htm should probably replace the
Teller County Custom SAR Horses since the current link is no longer in
service and I couldn't find any links to Custom SAR Horses or the Teller
County Sheriff's posse...this is the only link I could find for Teller County
Mounted SAR...

http://www.weldsheriff.com/posse/index.html should probably replace the
current Weld County link - the current link does get you to the Weld County
Sheriff's web page but it takes a little navigation to get to the posse
page...

I would also add http://coloradoranger.org/ as a resource - they have groups
in five cities around the state and most of them do provide resources for
Mounted SAR...

Hope this helps...Joe Bigley, Colorado Mounted SAR, Archuleta County IMG.