msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Change of e-mails and some news from Iceland

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lila Corey" <Caballera@embarqmail.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Change of e-mails and some news from Iceland
  • Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 08:17:44 -0500

It is a body search. Yes I am excited as well as thinking every awakening minute about what I do and don't.  I am not worried about my horse, he is old school.  He has done everything known almost to man- he is quiet, can be slow or fast WHEN you ask for the gaits, he has pulled things out of the woods, turned bulls back at rodeos, carried flags in parades and for a  drill team, he has been around hunters, doesn't love the gun shots but will not after a second or two get his head back together, goes through water, will stand for me to get off and fix fences or check things out on the ground.  I am fairly familiar with the terrain and that should be okay. He allerts me when someone is in the area by grunting.  (always has)
I just don't want to make major mistakes.  I was in on a search last year but in the ICC area the whole search.  And, that was great training.  However, it is the actual field experience I lack at this point.  So, nervous or anxious too.

Lila