msar-riders - [MSAR] New Member

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "D'Arcy Demianoff-Thompson" <cest.mon.virage@gmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] New Member
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2008 13:54:28 -0700

Just wanted to introduce myself as a new member to this forum.  First, let me thank the forum moderators for accepting my request to join.  Secondly, I look forward to reading as much as I can from everyone on the list.   From what I have garnered from the archives there is a lot to learn before venturing into testing to be a Mounted Search and Rescue participate.

A little about myself.  I have most recently switched gears in my breeding and training program.  I raise race and endurance horses.  With much of the emphasis now being put on the endurance end of the industry.  As an endurance rider, in training, I felt that the Mounted Search and Rescue leg was equal to if not greater than in importance!  After all, how many of you have had to go out and actually rescue an endurance rider?   More than even I would want to phathom - I am sure!

Therefore, I see my life continuing in the equine industry in a more positive manner than I have ever envisioned before.  Not only will I be able to learn from the best I will become experienced under the best!  Again, thank you, for the addition to your forum, I look forward to a rich and rewarding working relationship, with many of you, through this forum.

As an aside:  I'd like to know how many MSAR Members in this forum are members of endurance.net and/or are endurance riders themselves.  Thank you, in advance, for your responses.   It's always great to see how many cross-overs there are in the equine industry.

--
D'Arcy L. Demianoff-Thompson
cest.mon.virage@gmail.com