msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Maps and coordinates

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Joseph Huston" <jchuston@earthlink.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Maps and coordinates
  • Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2008 11:31:23 -0600

I primarily use the lat/long however, on several occasions, I have worked under groups using the UTM system.  More people understand the lat/long (primary advantage in my mind) however, it is my opinion that any SAR personnel needs to be functionally literate in any GPS tracking systems.

Joe Huston
Trinity SAR Team, Texas