msar-riders - [MSAR] small unmanned aircraft

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "T'mi Fi" <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] small unmanned aircraft
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2007 22:40:13 -0500

The Remote Control Aerial Photography Association website provides a great deal of information on this topic and also refers to some of the FAA regulations that are in place. <http://www.rcapa.net/guidelines.htm>
They also have a page devoted to aerial photography SAR, which is designed to educate people on the use of small unmanned aircraft in this field. <http://www.rcapa.net/search-and-rescue.htm>

Happy Flying,

T'mi
Maryland

I think the FAA would be hard pressed to regulate them, I am building one for myself and it is based on nothing more than an RC chopper.