msar-riders - [MSAR] C.A.P.?

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: David Jacobs <davej850@hotmail.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] C.A.P.?
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 12:27:33 -0400

This has probably been discussed before, but I have some questions relating to Civil Air Patrol, and mounted search and rescue.

I am in a position where I am trying to develop a interest in a local mounted unit, with particular interest in being available for special events, and possibly search, and rescue.

Are there any mounted search and rescue units operated by the C.A.P.? Would there be an advantage? C.A.P. is a volunteer organization, but would there be any funding for training, and/or equipment?

Thanks!

David Jacobs

Help yourself to FREE treats served up daily at the Messenger Café. Stop by today!