msar-riders - [MSAR] Fwd: MSAR Tatum Texas TCLEOSE Tracking Class Review

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Wwaynebare@aol.com
  • To: rdyer50@peoplepc.com, bfletcher@dctools.com, jnmking@gmail.com, chiefturner@vanzandtcounty.org, cburkett25@yahoo.com, COZARTDW@GOWER.net, ricci_aqha@peoplepc.com, gracebc@gower.net, jneeley@smith-county.com, JKVAUGHANJRMD@aol.com, mouseonamission@yahoo.com, larry.hand@tpwd.state.tx.us, steve.stapleton@tpwd.state.tx, glile@smith-county.com, GMontg6376@aol.com, Greg@totalcaretyler.com, Greg.Tindall@harley-davidson.com, ju1054@msn.com, Jayne.Fuller@co.clayton.ga.us, jtindall@cbtmail.com, Jbvalley1@aol.com, jsmith@treetownusa.com, jimwsewell@yahoo.com, jkirgan@yahoo.com, jeh1984@sbcglobal.net, kermitlittle@nts-online.net, lois1946@peoplepc.com, msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Fwd: MSAR Tatum Texas TCLEOSE Tracking Class Review
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:59:17 EDT

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: Wwaynebare@aol.com
  • To: ilichten1@verizon.net, una.smith@att.net
  • Cc: Wwaynebare@aol.com
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 18:29:53 EDT
East Texas TCLEOSE Tracking School was held in Tatum, TX at the request of Police Chief Martin on     Aug 04  2007.   We arrived on Friday afternoon and began to set up time dated tracks and continued to set up tracks thru the night for the 8 hour class on Saturday.   The accommodations arranged by Chief Martin and his staff were excellent. We stayed in there command center bunk house travel trailer.  A new unit that kept us very well.  My assistant, Virgil Brown, and I were extremely blessed by their hospitality.

Special thanks to Virgil Brown for helping to set up the tracking programs in the field and for his very in-depth talk on GPS and the history that came with it.  It certainly will be good to hear from him in the future as he provides us with more insight of the future of GPS.  He is an intense studier and I am so thankful to have him on board as a volunteer.

Special thanks also to Jim Fekety, retired VietNam veteran, a receiver of a purple heart and long term effects of Agent Orange. As a forward observer in the Army and a survivor of many brutal battles, Jim brought a good talk to the officers about how to survive no matter what.  Tracking and paying attention to detail as a forward observer put him in harms way many, many times.  I am so thankful to have him on board as a volunteer in our tracking programs.

The beginners class was well attended and we were well treated to a fine dinner by a gentleman Chief Martin had brought in to cook BBQ for us.  And you all know that Bro. Bare is partial to BBQ.

We trust that these tracking classes where we share 40 years of experience will provide education and encouragement and insight to the TCLEOSE officers.  We found Chief Martins hospitality and family environment extraordinary to the police effort in their community.

Special thanks to Sheriff Dean Deason of Rusk County for giving a fine talk and encouraging these officers in the art of tracking for the protection of their community and in bringing those to justice who are violating our young and our old.

A lot of preparation and study goes into these beginners and advanced classes in tracking / environmental detail / animal movements / insect imprints, all of which tell a story
that needs to be taught.

It was very good to co ordinante with Melissa Knight there at Tatum.  Melissa and I will be establishing future programs with TCLEOSE officers for the rest of 2007 and 2008. We are planning on holding an advanced class at our facility at Van, TX on November 17, 2007. Starting at 8;00 am on Sat  (This class will be advertised on the ETCOG billboard and future classes will be available to register there also.)  This advanced class will have time dated tracks, in depth study of insects on the environment concerning tracking, three or four  (mock) shallow graves, where advanced officers will have to find and identify and age of  the clothing and the bones found in these graves that will be affected by animals (coyotes, wild hogs) tearing up these shallow graves.  We will also hold a fresh blood trail and what to do when you come upon someone who is wounded, armed and dangerous.

We will be handing out a very special article written by Irv Lichtenstein of the Southeast Pennsylvania Search and Rescue.  Irv is a very accomplished instructor in the field of mounted search and rescue for many, many years and was asked by John Lyons (editor of the Perfect Horse Magazine) to do an article on search and rescue (September 2007). After asking permission of the John Lyons Organization, they called me personally and gave me permission to reprint this article and sent me extra copies of their magazine to be used in training police officers in Texas.  Irv has also sent me a CD that will be used in helping to train police officers in mounted search and rescue ( MSAR). Many thanks to these fine men and all they do.

There will be a free dinner (wild hog roast)  along with  hamburgers / hot-dogs  /  and all the trimmings  provided by ArborPlaceBaptistChurch Rescue Mission Ranch.  You are welcome to bring your horses and trailers and stay over night if you wish. You are also welcome to bring your ATV's and your family.  We want to help shape a good future in our youth by teaching them to be involved and respectful of  Police Officers and the great job they do.  We can be contacted on our church office phone, 903-963-1573 or our cell phone 903-312-7907.  All officers needing TCLEOSE hours must register with Melissa Knight thru ETCOG.       www.easttexaspoliceacademy.org     Thank You W Wayne Bare     ETPA    TCLEOSE   Instructor / Mantracking   member  www.ispt.org

--- End Message ---

  • [MSAR] Fwd: MSAR Tatum Texas TCLEOSE Tracking Class Review, Wwaynebare, 10/03/2007