msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR -IL - vote yes.

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Karen Nesbitt <spanishequines@yahoo.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue in Illinois USA." <msar-il@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc: MSAR <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR -IL - vote yes.
  • Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2007 10:57:37 -0700 (PDT)

It would be sad to see the MSAR-IL list be cancelled or any of the state msar list for that matter.  I pesonally generally go to the main list, probably because of habit and most of the persons I communicate both on and off list with are there.  Due to the long period of inactivity of the IL list, that perhaps is why no posts have been made there?  Until recently, there has been no activity there and sometimes not all of us have a "conversation" or time to put to it and lurk to hear of a community call in the area.....

If we had to bring this to a vote, I would have to say KEEP the state by state lists active even if there is little chatter.  The more promotion of MSAR the better and the more we have a chance to grow members, be they VMSAR, SAR, MSAR etc.  or just soemone lurking with an interest.  Many people just do not know where to go to be on a list and location may be a factor or not to them.

Sometimes the moderator just has to kick in a little conversation starter too to get folks going!

Karen Nesbitt
VMSAR
Iroqouis County
Illinois - USA

PS - The body of missing mother of 7 Naomi Arnette has been positively identified according to our local news.  Dental records played a factor in the ID.  How sad it is that many of us have little means of obtaining health care, yet alone dental care.

  • [MSAR] MSAR -IL - vote yes., Karen Nesbitt, 10/03/2007