msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mounted SAR in Iowa

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mounted SAR in Iowa
  • Date: Sun, 25 Feb 2007 20:19:33 -0700

Norma Newton wrote:
>SAR is definitely on the radar in Iowa!

Of course it is!

My comment was: "SAR certification does not appear to be on
the radar in Iowa". By that, I meant qualifications recognized
state-wide. Some states recognize NASAR's tests; some states
recognize their own. In Iowa, there appears to be as yet no
state agency responsible for SAR, nor a state association of
SAR teams, to take on the role of deciding what to recognize.