msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 48, Issue 2

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Lauri McBeath-Davies" <wcsar406@hotmail.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Digest, Vol 48, Issue 2
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2007 16:29:02 -0800

In regards to horses charging . . .

My situation is unique and I would agree that horses rarely charge or intend to harm.  However, the best guard animal I've ever had was a horse.  I had a Morgan mare that was raised on our 180 acre farm and was the queen of the farm.  She loved visitors and the family.  My dad had a tractor parked in an isolated area of the property for a period of time.  Some strangers trespassed and were approaching my dad's tractor.  My horse laid her ears back flat, opened her mouth and charged at those trespassers like I had never seen.  We heard "rumors" from neighbors that she had done this before to strangers trespassing on the property.  I have never seen a horse do that since.

-Lauri

From predictions to trailers, check out the MSN Entertainment Guide to the Academy Awards®