msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Volunteer Opportunities

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Volunteer Opportunities
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:34:24 -0700

Check with your County Sheriff regarding the closest Mounted SAR unit. There may be a team in your county. Expect the need to pass a background check, and meet other county / state requirements. Once you connect, anticipate needing to train in ground SAR and Mounted SAR, and acquire suitable gear. Also plan to attend the very good annual WA State SAR Conference as often as possible. http://emd.wa.gov/6-mrr/resp/sar/sar-calendar.htm

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
SAR & CERT
www.ceoates.com/msar

----- Original Message ----- From: <pooh22tigger23@netzero.net>
I am interested in volunteering for the nounted search and rescue. How do I get involved? I live in the Longview - Kelso area, which is Cowlitz County and close to Clark County. Does anyone have any suggestions?
Mellissa Avery
220 Fishpond Road
Kelso, WA 98626