msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Straw hat helmet and Eqine Rescue Training

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: JEANRDH@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Straw hat helmet and Eqine Rescue Training
  • Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 23:49:14 EDT

Regarding Laramy's question about the cowboy hat helmet:
I have replied privately via email to Laramy's questions about the straw hat
helmet. I am keeping mine, and there's not a picture to be found.

Regarding the messages about first responders and equine rescue:
I visited a class that was conducted in Minnesota in 2003 that was presented
to first responders. It was a day-long course, POST accredited (I believe)
with hands-on and video.
The curriculum was from Equine Rescue Techniques out of Naperville,
Illinois. I do have contact info from my reference text that I can pass
along to
anyone interested. I did not complete the class myself, just visited it.

Respectfully,

Jean Fredlund

Dakota County Sheriff's Mounted Patrol
MN Sheriff's Mounted Posse Association
Search, Rescue, and Recovery Resources of MN
MN Horse Council: Disaster Team

  • Re: [MSAR] Straw hat helmet and Eqine Rescue Training, JEANRDH, 10/10/2006