msar-riders - [MSAR] Critical separation book

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR Maintainer <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Critical separation book
  • Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 13:37:24 -0400

>>From: "Oren Levin" <sar@pinetree.net>

>> The Greater New York Search and Rescue Conference
>> September 13-17, 2006
>> Bellayre Mountain Ski Area
>> Highmount, NY (Northern Catskills)
>> www.greaternysarconference.org

>> * Dave Perkins and Pete Roberts - (from England) authors "Critical
>> separation" Co-producers "Initial Response" Search Management course,
>> Plenary Presentation

Perkins and Roberts have co-produced numerous conference
papers and a short book. Perkins has a published
conference paper on critical separation. The book and
conference paper are available from ERI (eri-intl.com).
ERI's bookstore catalog describes the content of each.

Perkins, Dave. 1989. Critical Separation. pp. 59 - 65
in (eds LaValla et al.) Probability of Detection (POD)
Research, And Other Concepts For Search Management. ERI.
72 pages, 8 1/2 x 11, illustrated, looseleaf.

David Perkins and Peter Roberts. 1994. THE SECTOR
LADDER: AN ALTERNATIVE APPROACH TO MANAGING SEARCHES.
ERI. 51 pages, comb binding.

I also found this:

Perkins, D., Roberts, P., & Hill, K. A. (June 2004).
Critical separation revisited. Paper presented at the
annual Washington State Search and Rescue Conference,
Leavenworth, WA.

AFAIK, this exists only as a presentation title; I can
find no abstract nor complete paper. A presentation by
the same title is listed also in the program for the
May 2005 WASAR Conference.