msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] FIRST AID KITS...

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Pennbo <pennbo@bbv.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] FIRST AID KITS...
  • Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 09:44:27 -0800

Great post Karen! I'm still thinking and digesting everything but I did want to share something with you about storing things in a 5 gal bucket. They work great- in most instances. However you need to be able to A. keep it in an area where other things do not get piled on top of it, and B. - be able to access it in an emergency. For that reason I have found I prefer softsided for traveling in the car/trailer. If, heaven forbid, there is a crunch involved with the emergency a soft sided 'bag' can be pulled, pushed, dragged through a small opening and a 5gal bucket, well, can't. Just some things to think about!! (for what its worth we store emergency supplies at home and at work in 5 gal buckets- because they can withstand things falling on them and they make a great seat in a prolonged emergency where you might be outside- and they can be used as a 'port a potty' if needed.)

Again, great post with lots of things to think about!

Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR