msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Conference planning

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "irvin lichtenstein" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Conference planning
  • Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2006 00:32:12 -0500

I don't how affordable Denver, Reno, Las Vegas, or Orlando are these days
but you won't find a government rate (under $100/night) single in any of
those towns during convention season. The keys to a good location-- airport,
rail, hotel, make a good location expensive. The cert courses justify the
trip for an employee through in-service training credits. You know, cities
can paid back for sending cops to training, and in Pennsylvania if the law
passes the state will reimburse for fire and EMS training for career
employees as well. Our state organizations tend to meet on weekends to
minimize lost time for the volunteers and try to make training free.