msar-riders - [MSAR] Bimectrin

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Chuck Daniel" <iwhound@voyager.net>
  • To: <MSAR-Riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Bimectrin
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2006 14:59:52 -0500

A friend of ours alerted us to the possibility of a problem with Bimectin
purchased from Country Supply. The below is a quote from the Country Supply
On-line Catalog. The e-mail received indicated that four horses MAY Have
died from the wormer. The results from a necropsies are not available at
this time. I'm passing this on as safety issue.

Chuck

"Bimectin
There is currently a possible safety issue regarding the use of Bimectin.
Until we feel confident enough to give it to our own horses we suggest that
you purchase Equimectrin (#BBL08) or one of our other deworming products"