msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Rescue scenario

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
  • To: <lyne@bryngyld.com>, "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR-Riders Rescue scenario
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 13:21:07 -0500

How right you are Lyne.

-----Original Message-----
From: msar-riders-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org
[mailto:msar-riders-bounces@lists.ibiblio.org] On Behalf Of Lyne Peterson
Sent: Monday, February 20, 2006 12:48 PM
To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

> What will you do when your victim has fallen, has
> internal injuries and is unable to ride?

Our unit does not allow a victim to ride out on our
horses. (Of course, non-appropriate or dead choice
overrules.)

After feeling aghast that the rescuers were
hypothermic without proper equipment, I irreverently
then considered that if they had just one menopausal
woman on the search team, she could have kept them all
warm. ^_^

Lyne Peterson
Northern California