msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Mules / Foal Watch

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "philip easley" <easleyranch@foothill.net>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Mules / Foal Watch
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:57:11 -0800

Gated mules can be found in the Equestrian Connection, on dreamhorse.com,
BAEN.com or Bay Area Equestrian Network. When we started breeding our
Peruvian mares to the jack, we got a bunch of gated mules that did not sell
any better than the other ones. For a while the trotters were going for
around $5,000, but now I noticed they are from $2,500 to $5,000 depending on
how much training they have. I found most of the mules are a little gated
and will travel fast and smooth. The ones that have the heavy action from
the Fox Trotter, Peruvian, or Tennessee Walkers will really stand out and
flat out move.
Philip Easley
NCSSAR