msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Hard hats / Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Sherry C. Hicks" <shicks@nwinc.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Hard hats / Helmets
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2006 23:03:40 -0500

I got a riding buddy that has a leather hat over his helmet. He got the
leather wet and stretched it over the helmet so it fit really tight when the
leather dried. You can't tell he is wearing a helmet unless you are really
close, and then it is basically the strap that you see. Our 4-H requires
helmets, so there is no stigma about wearing one. Our adults wear them as
well. The kids get used to it and it is no big deal, but I think the hat
over the helmet is a great idea.

Sherry Hicks
Tennessee - START