msar-riders - [MSAR] Powerflares

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Kimberly Kelly <sarlady@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Powerflares
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 11:54:34 -0800 (PST)

I was fortunate enough to use some of the original designs when they were
first in design and production, back in 2003. Kenneth Dueker, the inventor,
is a reserve law enforcement officer, and we attend many of the same
conferences. After speaking with him, he sent me a whole set of them to try
in a variety of settings.

I did.

I ran over them with a car. On asphalt. On dirt. On a gravel road.

I threw them, and yes, I throw like a girl, but still. I threw them again
on roads. On hills. Into rocks. Into tree areas. Into water. No, not little
puddles, but Lake Poway, and we (the dive team) dove for them (the fishies
were intrigued by them).

I beat the heck out of them, and they continued to work.

I got to keep my original set, and have used them constantly over the past
years. I've used them at car accidents where I've been first on scene (not
responding, but just driving by). I've also offered - and they were used -
where other responders were there first, but were not visible to oncoming
traffic. I've used them on missions in water settings, urban settings, and
wilderness and desert settings. At times, they were the only thing we had,
and other times, despite a variety of other options including road flares, we
still used my flares (I had one blue, one white, and three red). Sometimes,
it was the only thing we COULD use, because of fire danger or ecological
settings.

I've bought additional for myself, and have also bought the new, individual
use flares for my dad, and for two other canine handlers.

After all this time, the only complaint I could possibly come up with would
be the bugger who stole two of them on a search two months ago. I'll still
buy more.

They are an awesome, awesome product. And just for the record, no, I don't
work for Powerflare, I don't get paid for saying any of this, and I don't own
stock in the company. I have no financial or other tie to the company. It's
just a rockin' good product, and I like it, no, love it enough to say so.

I love my Powerflares.

Yahoo! Shopping