msar-riders - [MSAR] MSAR in Illinois/Indiana

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] MSAR in Illinois/Indiana
  • Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 08:01:23 -0600

Here is an off-list reply to me from a subscriber to MSAR-Riders,
which evidently was intended for the list. Karen is located on
the Illinois/Indiana border and is researching MSAR and SAR teams
with the idea of joining one. She has participated in a couple
of SAR missions, mounted, as a spontaneous volunteer.

Karen Nesbitt wrote:
>Good material Una. I have not found much of anything in Illinois
>for spontaneous volunteers.
>
>If anyone has any leads please send them on to me.
>
>Karen Nesbitt
>spanishequines@yahoo.com

Karen, you may want to investigate also MSAR units in Indiana;
Porter County comes to mind.

Many units hold trainings and, as a rule, (1) most will gladly
include non-members who wish to participate but (2) they do not
advertize. They want only those participants who are motivated
enough about SAR to search for and find opportunities to train.