msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] "ICE" for Rescuers

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "Mounted search and rescue" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] "ICE" for Rescuers
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jul 2005 22:36:09 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Una Smith" <una.smith@att.net>
Jorene Downs wrote:
If you're in the morgue,
having family discover you're dead by official notification by trained
personnel I'd prefer over them wondering / worrying about where I am.

In the morgue is important but not an emergency. Official
notification by trained personnel also is not an emergency.

Having readily available information for a POC for the injured or deceased expedites the process of contacting family / a designated POC. In a mass casualty situation expediting the process would be advantageous.

None of the arguments posed so far in this thread, IMO, in
any way justify snooping through someone's cell phone, PDA,
or laptop.

Your choice.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs