msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Helmets

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Tm' Fi <tfinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Helmets
  • Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 21:59:40 -0500

My team requires all team members wear helmets. In fact most Law enforcement mounted personnel in the mid-atlantic area wear helmets. Personally, I feel that anyone who does not wear a helmet, is doing a discredit to image of equestrian volunteer public servants. I am sure may will disagree but even the hardest unprotected head will not withstand blunt force trauma. I don't want a head injury of a MSAR member becoming the reason of a rescue operation during a search mission

PS: I hate wearing helmets and never wear one when trail riding with friends. I know that is a dual standard, but when I'm not with the team, I do as I please.

Tomi`

QUINCYDEW@aol.com wrote:
We are a fairly new MSAR Group in Clark County, Washington. I am trying to get a concenses on whether most other groups are requiring helmet to be worn at all times while mounted??
Ann Taylor
Clark County Mounted Search and Rescue