msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New MSAR starting in Tennessee

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New MSAR starting in Tennessee
  • Date: Thu, 3 Feb 2005 15:24:30 -0700

Hi Julie,

Compared to New Mexico, Tennessee is crowded and everything is
close. You're under 400 miles from the Washington DC metro area,
if I read the map correctly. By 1000 miles, I guess you mean
round trip? I drove 1500 miles with horses the year before last
to go to a field riding clinic in Texas, the state next door,
and I would do it again. I plan to attend MSARCO in Colorado;
this year it will be held near Canon City, about 330 miles from
here.

It is not unusual for us to get callouts to locations more than
100 miles away.

Anyway, if taking the horses is a problem (and I can understand
how it can be), then go without them. You will learn a lot and
perhaps even more than you would have, had you brought your own
horses along, because you can spend more of your time watching
and listening to others.

Hang in there,

Una