msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] New MSAR starting in Tennessee

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Tm Fi <TFinkle@erols.com>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] New MSAR starting in Tennessee
  • Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:12:20 -0500

Julie,

Here is some mid-atlantic information for you:

DELMARVA Search & Rescue Team is hosting the 2005 Delaware SAREX in May of this year. They will have a few classes on Friday night and Most of the day Saturday. For Sunday, there will be a few opening for MSAR teams to take part in the Mock Search and plenty of other assignments for those without a saddle. The Maryland SAREX will be conducted during the first weekend in November of this year. This past weekend a mock search was conducted by several SAR teams in Virginia, but the organizers did not pre-plan for mounted teams and selected a training site on Federal Park, where the park manager did not allow horses on the property (I have been talking with the VA folks and MSAR teams will be taken into consideration in future exercises).
Tomi`
TROT Search & Rescue Mounted Team
State of Maryland
http://trot-md.org/sar.htm

Julie Hensley, PetWear wrote:

I can't speak for Roy... but I can't say that I am prepared to travel more 1000 miles or more. We are on the eastern tip of Tennessee. Is there anyone doing it in the Mid-Atlantic area?

Julie