msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Credit Documentation

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Credit Documentation
  • Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 08:22:32 -0700

Ter is right, most MSAR units and teams within larger mixed
function units do need to be more proactive about public
relations. That is a big part of what MSAR-Riders is about;
do a web search on anything to do with MSAR, and you will
find MSAR-Riders. I have had a lot of feedback from non-
MSAR, especially SAR management and SAR dog handlers, about
the impressive diversity and quality of discussions on this
group. Everyone, congratulate yourselves doing such a good
job.

You can help us all out here, by telling others (MSAR and
otherwise) about MSAR-Riders.

Journalists repeat the stories others tell them, so if we
do not think to report on the contributions of our horses,
we cannot expect those reports to make it into print.

I have occasionally posted here URLs to news stories about
MSAR. But only for those news stories I happen to read. I
encourage everyone here to do the same. Also, think about
sharing here your own mission reports and lessons learned.
(You do write up mission reports and lessons learned, don't
you? They are valuable learning exercises, even if you do
keep them to yourself.)

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico