msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: Need local training!

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: Need local training!
  • Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:40:18 -0700

sands4him@juno.com wrote:
>We are a newly formed MSAR group in Williamson County Texas.
>We are looking for a group of seasoned MSAR's or official
>trainers to come and do an all day training session on the
>basics.

Hi Williamson County Texas...

Please help us and tell us where in Texas is Williamson County?

Also, what basic training are you looking for? Horsemanship,
trail riding, off-trail riding, horse desensitization, packing,
trailering logistics, use of mounted resources in SAR, SAR in
general, specific SAR skills, or something else?

Have you contacted other MSAR units in Texas to find out about
existing training opportunities?

Lastly, do you propose to reimburse your visiting trainers for
travel expenses?

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, in New Mexico