msar-riders - [MSAR] Vests

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Thomas and Christy Matthews" <tcmatthews0113@msn.com>
  • To: "mounted sar list" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Vests
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 07:26:43 -0700

We looked at many vests, forestry, surveyors etc. and couldn't find
exactly what we wanted but did find a company that would make
vests with what ever you wanted on them. They made us a vest
with pockets for GPS, Cell phone, radio, pen, mini mag lite, large pockets
for first aid kit and other supplies, inside zipper pocket for keys etc. on one
side, map inside pocket on the other, water bottle pockets, as well as
a camel back insert on the back and another storage pocket on back
also a belt at the waist so you can cinch it down so it doesn't bounce.
reflective tape and search and rescue printed on back. The horse and
dog people both like it as well as our regular ground pounders. The cost
was $115.00 ea. comparable to other good vests.

You can find them at www.ruffianspecialties.com  They are in San Jacinto, CA.
And design what ever you need or can afford.

Christy Matthews
Stillwater Co. SAR

  • [MSAR] Vests, Thomas and Christy Matthews, 01/20/2004