msar-riders - RE: [MSAR] Hydration for Mounted

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Ian Vowles" <Ian@modric.net>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [MSAR] Hydration for Mounted
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 17:25:49 -0700

Title: Message
From personal use I have found the backpack/hydration great for use when riding - I carry food/survival stuff in pack plus 100 oz water bladder. ( Water filter in pack as well )

Extra water and spare filter parts kit in saddle bags.

This has proved easier than canteens on pommel and helpful when jumping off for ground work - especially when you start climbing up or down and then recall your water is up there on your horse !!

My particular unit is a Camel designed for bikers I think ( a HAWG ) .

Ian

Unit A - Mounted Rescue
400 Ranch Place
Pagosa Springs