msar-riders - [MSAR] National Award for Library Service Input

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: RCPat4P@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] National Award for Library Service Input
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 13:59:05 EST

Hi Una-

Bob Pinkerton, Team Captain, Ventura County Sheriff's Mounted Posse

Our team is located in Ventura County, California, between Los Angeles County
to our south and Santa Barbara County to our north. We have 17 specially
trained and certified members and horses.

We serve in direct support of the Ventura County Sheriff's Mounted
Enforcement Unit (consisting of approximately 20-plus sworn deputies) for
direct
law-enforcement related missions. Our missions involve back country area
searches
for criminal activity, patrols in parks and public trails, traffic control
missions for public events, and Department public relations events. We and
our
horses train one day per month with the Mounted Enforcement Unit and are
tested
and certified annually to the same criteria as the Mounted Enforcement Unit.

We also deploy in direct support of the Ventura County Sheriff's SAR Unit for
MSAR missions.

MSAR-Riders is the only website offering a complete ready reference compendia
of invaluable information to MSAR groups. It is an invaluable tool in
maintaining our special proficiencies, learning from others, and sharing
information. Importantly, the wealth of information and exchange of ideas
improves our
individual skills and unit ability to quickly respond professionally and
skillfully to those in need.

Thanks Una!

-Bob

  • [MSAR] National Award for Library Service Input, RCPat4P, 01/14/2004