msar-riders - [MSAR] Stolen horse

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] Stolen horse
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jan 2004 17:39:19 -0800

Hi, I rec'd this notice with permission to forward. I've asked for a
photo. Please be on the lookout for this old guy. How heartbreaking.
Nuevo is in Southern California.
Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
Mounted Search and Rescue

A woman in Nuevo, Ca. had her 21 yr old Quarter.horse stallion stolen
during the wee hours of the morning yesterday, Jan 2, 2004..
Gail's is heart broken. She lost her dad in Aug. and now her horse is
stolen.

Gail was raised with this horse. The horse was an orphan & they raised
him
on a bottle. She refers to this horse as her "brother". She is
desperate
to find him. The fence was cut & the horse removed from rear of
property led
down the dirt road & into a trailer. That's all they know. He goes
by
the name Twister. He lives in Nuevo, CA.

Here is a description of him.
A 21 yr. old stallion, dark bay with dorsal stripe, 16 hands, stocky,
big jowels.
white star - snip - upper lip
Left hind - white on coronet
Right front - club foot

No other white markings on him. This horse has a tatoo on the inside of

his upper lip and it may be faded by now, # 12584.

Please contact the owner, Gail Parker: (909) 928-2437 if you see
this
horse.