msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] MSAR not yahoo

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@bbv.net
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] MSAR not yahoo
  • Date: Tue, 07 Oct 2003 22:02:30 -0700

Just checking in quickly from remote while on vacation. The determining
factor for a horse and rider should be control- not equipment. I would
rather have a rider in complete control with just a hackamore than an
out of control rider using spurs and bit. The only way to determine
suitability for MSAR work is to ride ride ride- together and in all
types of situations. I'd hate to see a good team turned away because
someone disagreed with their choice of tack while an inexperienced team
was welcomed because we were all comfortable with their choices.

Just my two cents,
Chris Pennington
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR