msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 9, Issue 6

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Julie Hammond <hammond4h@yahoo.com>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: MSAR-riders Digest, Vol 9, Issue 6
  • Date: Tue, 7 Oct 2003 04:39:33 -0700 (PDT)

What I can say about Parelli is that he gave us the confidence when we were novices about how to handle our horses.   We were starving for information and really couldn't find much information out there that gave us as much confidence as Parelli.

Our daughter wanted a horse so we did and enrolled her in 4-H knowing absolutly nothing about horses.  We didn't get any help through our 4-H program regarding handling of these horses and were frantic for information on what to do in the way of handling them.

Today because of Parelli we are more confident horseman and don't have to beat our horse as I have seen so many others do.  One of our horses my 13 yr old daughter can ride with a halter and lead rope.

Best Regards,

Julie

EMC Search and Rescue

Texas