msar-riders - [MSAR] Re: State Laws

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una@lanl.gov>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [MSAR] Re: State Laws
  • Date: Thu Feb 6 11:38:00 2003

KYCwby29@aol.com wrote:
>Do any states have laws for Mounted SAR?

Not that I know of.

New Mexico has a law, called the New Mexico SAR Plan. You can get
a copy of it from http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/santafe/PACE.html.
However, it says nothing specific to MSAR.

>As you may know we are just now looking to add a mounted division
>to our team but Kentucky has no laws or regulations regarding MSAR.
>I would like to know what other states have before I go suggesting
>we add laws.

What laws do you have in mind to suggest?

Una Smith
Santa Fe County Sheriff's Posse, New Mexico

  • [MSAR] State Laws, KYCwby29, 02/06/2003
    • [MSAR] Re: State Laws, Una Smith, 02/06/2003