msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Re: ICS and SAR group structure

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Re: ICS and SAR group structure
  • Date: Thu Feb 6 04:49:01 2003

From: "Pennington-Boggio's" <pennbo@bbv.net>
> We have also been discussing another use for MSAR. Several of us have
> pack animals and are experienced packers. It is possible for us to get
> supplies into an area for a temp camp for ground pounders that makes
> them more effective in a critical situation where time really counts. We
> have begun the wheels turning to coordinate this if the need arises.

Part of what I'd like to see for local and state standards is a MSAR Packers
category. That could include a couple of different levels of training and
gear. With fundamental SAR training for awareness, the entry level could
include recruits from local organizations like BackCountry Horsemen. (In
your general vicinity you have 3 BCHC Units: Mojave River, Santa Ana River,
and San Gorgonio Pass.) Locals with pack strings could also be on a list to
call when there is a fair amount of gear to be hauled in, as additional
resources.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Jorene Downs
Tulare Co, CA