monkeywire - [monkeywire] Tetsuro Matsuzawa on the chimpanzee mind

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: Josh Greenman <josh.greenman AT gmail.com>
  • To: "Monkeywire," <monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Tetsuro Matsuzawa on the chimpanzee mind
  • Date: Wed, 20 May 2009 09:01:04 -0400

http://www.earthsky.org/clear-voices/53170/tetsuro-matsuzawa-on-the-chimpanzee-mind

Tetsuro Matsuzawa on the chimpanzee mind

AN EARTHSKY EXTENDED PODCAST 18 May 09
Listen or download to hear this 8-minute presentation.

“The chimpanzee has a very special cognitive capability of immediately
memorizing things in front of him. This does not mean chimpanzees are
better than us in all the means of cognition. What we have to know is,
let’s say farewell to human/animal dichotomy. We share some things.
And humans and chimpanzees are very similar, but different.” – Tetsuro
Matsuzawa

Tetsuro Matsuzawa of the Primate Research Institute in Japan talked
with EarthSky’s Jorge Salazar about the intelligence of chimpanzees.
His studies show that chimps excel in short- term memory tests, and
more.

  • [monkeywire] Tetsuro Matsuzawa on the chimpanzee mind, Josh Greenman, 05/20/2009