monkeywire - [monkeywire] Jungle Friends featured on ABC's Primetime: Tuesday - July 1st!

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: Apesman2727 AT aol.com
  • To: monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Jungle Friends featured on ABC's Primetime: Tuesday - July 1st!
  • Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2008 13:59:17 EDT

June 27, 2008
Dear Friends of Jungle Friends,

Angelle, David and Kari pause for a photo after filming the Primetime
segment at Jungle Friends.

_Andy_ (http://www.junglefriends.org/monk_andy.shtml) , Jungle Friends
latest arrival, was purchased as a surrogate child by motorcycle racer
Angelle
Sampey.
David Muir (center), Primetime producer Jim DuBreuil (right), and Angelle
Sampey (center left) along with all the Jungle Friends human primates.
We are thrilled about the segment airing Tuesday on Primetime! The segment
will discuss the phenomenon of monkeys as ‘surrogate children’ and how its
popularity is a growing problem. The story should also get a mention on Good
Morning America and World News Tonight.
At Jungle Friends we have quite a few monkeys who were purchased as ‘
surrogate children’, including our most recent arrival, _Andy_
(http://www.junglefriends.org/monk_andy.shtml) , a 7-year-old brown
capuchin.
Angelle Sampey, a famous motorcycle racer, purchased Andy when he was just a
few weeks old. Angelle tells her story on her website. You can read about
her life with Andy and how she ultimately had to give him up at this link _“
Saying goodbye to Andy.”_
(http://www.goangelle.com/Andy_and_Jungle_Friends.html)
(_http://www.goangelle.com/Andy_and_Jungle_Friends.html_
(http://www.goangelle.com/Andy_and_Jungle_Friends.html) )
Primetime’s David Muir interviewed me and Angelle here at Jungle Friends. I
think David was truly shocked when he learned of the atrocities people
commit
when attempting to make a monkey into a ‘child’ – pulling them as babies
from their natural mothers arms when they are just a few days old,
extracting
all of their teeth, amputating fingers, tail docking, shock collars, well,
on
and on.
Please send this post to everyone you know and post on your website or blog.
After watching Primetime, please contact ABC to let them know how the
segment made you feel and thank them for bringing this shameful practice to
light.
_ABC Feedback_ (http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346)
(_http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346_
(http://abcnews.go.com/Site/page?id=3271346) )
Lots of monkey love,
Kari and the monks
P.S. Be sure to visit the Jungle Friends website to see the new _video of
Andy_ (http://www.junglefriends.org/video_andybtbw.shtml) .
(_junglefriends.org/video_andybtbw.shtml_
(http://www.junglefriends.org/video_andybtbw.shtml) )
Kari Bagnall, Director
_kari AT junglefriends.org_ (mailto:kari AT junglefriends.org)
_www.junglefriends.org_ (http://www.junglefriends.org/)
The Jungle Friend monkeys are _Going Nuts!_
(http://www.junglefriends.org/video_goingnuts.shtml)
Jungle Friends Primate Sanctuary
13915 North State Road 121
Gainesville, FL 32653
(386) 462-7779 Executive Director
(386) 418-0808 Main Office
(386) 418-0988 Volunteer Center
(386) 418-0106 Caregiver's Quarters
(386) 418-0070 On-Site clinic
(386) 418-0808 Fax
"Each one of us matters, has a role to play and makes a difference. Each one
of us must take responsibility for our own lives, and above all, show
respect and love for all living things around us, especially each other.
Together
we must reestablish our connections with the natural world and with the
Spiritual Power that is around us. And then we can move, triumphantly,
joyously,
into the final stage of human evolution--spiritual evolution.” --Dr. Jane
Goodall
A COPY OF THE OFFICIAL REGISTRATION AND FINANCIAL INFORMATION MAY BE
OBTAINED FROM THE DIVISION OF CONSUMER SERVICES BY CALLING TOLL-FREE WITHIN
THE
STATE. REGISTRATION DOES NOT IMPLY ENDORSEMENT, APPROVAL, OR RECOMMENDATION
BY
THE STATE. (1-800-435-7352)
If you have received this email in error, please reply with UNSUBSCRIBE as
the subject and accept our apologies.

Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient _used
cars_ (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007) .

fuel-efficient used cars.

  • [monkeywire] Jungle Friends featured on ABC's Primetime: Tuesday - July 1st!, Apesman2727, 07/01/2008