monkeywire - [monkeywire] Monkey menace comes to haunt Sector 18

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: "alex stevenson" <alexs19 AT hotmail.com>
  • To: monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Monkey menace comes to haunt Sector 18
  • Date: Mon, 14 Nov 2005 03:08:11 +0000

I just thank my lucky stars that I live in Sector 19-B!
Alex

http://cities.expressindia.com/fullstory.php?newsid=157009

Monkey menace comes to haunt Sector 18
Express News Service
Chandigarh, November 13: RESIDENTS of Sector 18-C are being terrorised by monkeys who are entering houses, eating food and damaging household articles and plants.

Manish of Sector 18-C, whose house suffered a monkey attack, said that residents were afraid of going out. ‘‘The monkeys become furious whenever they are stopped from damaging household goods,’’ Manish added.

A similar feeling was expressed by residents of Sectors 18-C and D, who added that they had already put the matter before the UT Forest Department.

UT Chief Wildlife Warden Ishwar Singh said the monkey menace was prevalent not only in Sector 18, but also in other parts of the city. ‘‘We take measures whenever the UT Forest Department receives a complaint. We also received a complaint from Sector 18-C and a cage to catch the monkeys was put up, but without any success.’

  • [monkeywire] Monkey menace comes to haunt Sector 18, alex stevenson, 11/13/2005