monkeywire - [monkeywire] Naomi Watts Makes a New Monkey Friend

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: Josh Greenman <joshg1973 AT yahoo.com>
  • To: Monkeywire <monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Naomi Watts Makes a New Monkey Friend
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 09:27:51 -0700 (PDT)

http://www.contactmusic.com/new/xmlfeed.nsf/0/91EBFC42C5915E8480256EF2002AE207!opendocument

NAOMI WATTS MAKES A NEW MONKEY FRIEND

MULHOLLAND DRIVE star NAOMI WATTS was thrilled when she appeared on comedian
JAY LENO's
chat show on Thursday - because he gave her a monkey to play with.

The England-born actress, who will star as gorilla target ANN DARROW in the
anticipated
remake of KING KONG, cooed to Leno about her fondness of apes during her
appearance on
his show.

She told him, "There's something about monkeys. I've always had a special
affection for
monkeys.

"For one of my birthdays my boyfriend at the time said, 'What do you wanna do
for your
birthday?' and I said, 'I just wanna go to the zoo and look at the monkeys.'

"I love monkeys. They really express and we all have the animal in us. I've
worked with
dogs and stuff, but as I said, all types of monkeys, apes - even the ugly
ones - I really
like."

One of Leno's staff members then walked out from behind the scenes with a
monkey, which
was placed in a thrilled Watts' lap. The actress, ex-girlfriend of HEATH
LEDGER,
proceeded to feed her new friend grapes, while beaming, "Oh my God! I love
him! Look, he
likes me too!"

16/08/2004 08:48

  • [monkeywire] Naomi Watts Makes a New Monkey Friend, Josh Greenman, 08/16/2004