monkeywire - [monkeywire] Toddler wins National Monkey Face Championship

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Toddler wins National Monkey Face Championship
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 13:36:34 -0500

Toddler triumphs in National Monkey Face Championship
January 3, 2004
http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20040103p2a00m0dm005000c.html

A 2-year-old boy has won the National Monkey Face Championship held at the Yomiuriland amusement park in suburban Tokyo to commemorate 2004 as the Year of the Monkey.

The boy, whose parents did not want to be identified, won for the face he pulled as he screeched, "I love bananas. I eat five bananas a day."

He was awarded with one month's supply of bananas for his victory and appeared delighted to have won the prize.

Competitors ranged from infants to high school students.

  • [monkeywire] Toddler wins National Monkey Face Championship, Carrie McLaren, 01/03/2004