monkeywire - [monkeywire] Paul McCartney jams with apes

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: David_Neal AT vnu.co.uk
  • To: monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [monkeywire] Paul McCartney jams with apes
  • Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2002 16:08:59 +0100

---------------------- Forwarded by David Neal/VNUBPL/UK on 20/06/2002 16:10
---------------------------

David Neal
20/06/2002 16:03

To: monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org
cc:

Subject: monkey news from Ananova

http://www.ananova.com/entertainment/story/sm_611648.html?menu=entertainment.showbizquirkies

Paul McCartney jams with apes

Paul McCartney spent four hours playing music with apes at a research lab.

The bonobos played along to Eleanor Rigby and a new song he wrote for them.

Macca visited the Language Research Facility in Atlanta after being told about
it by Peter Gabriel.

He told The Sun: "The fact they could recognise and understand 800 words was
pretty astounding and we found ourselves actually communicating with them
easily.

"We played some music - the male ape and I jammed a little and his sister
joined
in with us.

"He played keyboards and she played drums. It was wild."

The visit was filmed for possible inclusion on the DVD of McCartney's latest
album Driving Rain.

He is also reported to be planning a UK tour later this year.

Story filed: 08:21 Thursday 20th June 2002

VNU BUSINESS PUBLICATIONS LIMITED (VNU)
32-34 Broadwick Street, London, W1A 2HG
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7316 9000 Fax: +44 (0) 20 7316 9003

This e-mail is confidential and is intended for the use of the addressee only.
If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or
dissemination of this communication or any part of it is strictly prohibited.
If you receive this transmission in error, please notify VNU immediately using
the contact details above and then delete this e-mail.
Please note that e-mail may be susceptible to data corruption, interception
and
unauthorised amendment. VNU does not accept any liability for any such
corruption, interception, amendment or the consequences thereof.

  • [monkeywire] Paul McCartney jams with apes, David_Neal, 06/20/2002