monkeywire - Tv Listings

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: "Lulu Bates" <number1chicken AT hotmail.com>
  • To: monkeywire AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: Tv Listings
  • Date: Tue, 22 May 2001 22:26:56

Hello Monkey Lovers! Here are some exciting ways to pass the days. And remember! You don't have to go outside if you don't want to!
xoxo Lulu Bates
5/22/2001
Kids in the Hall on Comedy Central, those wacky Kids monkey around. Do you get it? Monkey around? Ha!

Amazing Animal Videos, Police corner a monkey in Japan. Kind of like King Kong but with a much smaller monkey. So maybe it's more like MVP. Animal Planet.

5/23/2001
The Wild Thornberrys "Chimp Off the Old Block" Darwin brings Eliza to a chimpanzee compound, but the zookeepers wouldn't let him trade her in no matter how much he begs. On Nickolodeon.

The Crocodile Hunter's Croc Files "Monkey Around" some more. Primates to be monkeyed with include chimpanzees, gorillas, orangutans, baboons and macaques. Personally I can only watch this when the Crocodile Hunter isn't sporting a mullet. I mean really now, there's got to be a hairdresser somewhere in Australia. On Animal Planet, of course.

5/24/2001
CHiPs "Trained for Trouble" The wholesome yet loveable Jon and the irascible Ponch investigate robberies perpetrated by a team of trained monkeys, dogs and a hawk. Maybe the hawk will rip Ponch's shirt wide open and we'll get a flash of that hot bod of his. That's certainly worth setting your alarm for. On TNT

The Wild Thornberrys" Monkey See, Monkey Don't" Monkeys trick Eliza into acting as a surrogate mother when they have trouble conceiving. On Nickolodeon.

5/25/2001
Coach "Quarantine" Luther's pet monkey bites Hayden's finger. Oh, is that what the kids are calling it these days? On TBS.

5/26/2001
Monkey Business Jim and Alison travel to Istanbul to rescue baby chimps being illegally traded. Hey! I did that last week! Well, if by "Istanbul" you mean "Jersey" and if by "rescue baby chimps" you mean "drink some beer." Animal Planet.

Also on 5/26 Wild on the Set A sort of "Behind the Music" for monkeys. This week the sick sad lives of primates in ``Swiss Family Robinson'' and ``Summer of the Monkey." Drunken debauchery doesn't stop with rockstars. Animal Planet.