monkeywire - Tuko on the Run

monkeywire AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: The #1 source for news about monkeys and apes

  • From: Carrie McLaren <carrie AT stayfreemagazine.org>
  • To: monkey <monkeywire AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Tuko on the Run
  • Date: Sat, 03 Mar 2001 11:51:01 -0400

[ please accept my apologies, I neglected to include this item in the

Wellington Newspapers Limited
The Evening Post (Wellington)
February 26, 2001

SECTION: NEWS; NATIONAL; Pg. 8; BRIEF

LENGTH: 96 words

HEADLINE: Tuku on the run

BODY:
Tuku, a capuchin monkey named after former New Zealand First MP Tukoroirangi
Morgan, has run away. The monkey bolted from the set of the BBC
production The Lost World on Friday night during filming in the Buller
district's Nile Valley. Traps set to catch Tuku were adjusted after he
managed to take the banana and jam sandwich bait. His owner, Hokitika
wildlife zookeeper Jacquie Grant, is confident he will return once the
filmmakers and crew have left the area. Filming in the Nile Valley was due
to finish today. - NZPA

Supplied by New Zealand Press Association

  • Tuko on the Run, Carrie McLaren, 03/03/2001