market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Snowing! and another tomato question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Road's End Farm <organic87 AT frontiernet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Snowing! and another tomato question
  • Date: Sat, 9 Apr 2016 17:55:46 -0400

On Apr 9, 2016, at 4:25 PM, gofish54 AT centurytel.net wrote:

We are in NW Missouri 30 miles east of St Joseph.  Zone 5b.  Goliath hybrid is marketed as a northern tomato, it is tough and tastes great.

Do you mean that it's tough as in it stands up to weather, or it's tough as in it has tough skin and/or hard texture?

-- are you up in the hills? I think of Missouri as considerably warmer than here! -- what's your usual spring and fall frost free dates?