market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] tomatoes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Marlin Burkholder <burkholders AT glenecofarm.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] tomatoes
  • Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2016 15:22:21 -0400

While on the tomato variety topic I must mention "Blosser", a nice pink
slicer which seemed to originate in the Shenandoah Valley. I have grown it
for years, occasionally having some issues with orange or potato leafed off
types. I have not had much luck introducing it to other seed purveyors.
Baker Creek had it offered in their catalog for one year after I had sent
them some seed. I wonder what happened.