market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Pricing Ramps

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <clearviewfarm AT bluefrog.com>
  • To: <farmersue AT myfairpoint.net>, "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Pricing Ramps
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2015 20:02:23 -0700

Last year,  I was getting about $10/lb. for them. One of the local food store chains was getting more like $12/lb. Keeping them moist certainly keeps them fresh,  as the leaves will dry out readily. If you take the time to harvest them properly, $10 a pound is none too much.

Kurt Forman
Clearview Farm
Palmyra, NY 14522
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.