market-farming - [Market-farming] Snowpeas, hoophouse squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pam Twin Oaks <pam AT twinoaks.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Snowpeas, hoophouse squash
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2014 13:58:17 -0400

Thanks for the suggestions of Blizzard and Oregon Giant snowpeas. I'll try those next year.

About pollination problems with squash in the hoophouse - we're having the same trouble. Could try the paintbrush, I guess. Zephyr is a pretty squash, tending to be skinny. There are some parthenocarpic summer squash and zucchini (not requiring pollination). We tried Partenon one year, but then thought the extra price wasn't worthwhile. Now I'm thinking it was!

Pam

--
Pam Dawling

Author of Sustainable Market Farming, Intensive Vegetable Production on a Few Acres
sustainablemarketfarming.com
facebook.com/SustainableMarketFarming

  • [Market-farming] Snowpeas, hoophouse squash, Pam Twin Oaks, 06/13/2014