market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Squash problem in hoop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Etienne Goyer <etienne AT lejardinduvillage.ca>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Squash problem in hoop
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2014 05:26:20 -0400

Jay, you'll have to share your trick. How can you sell that many zucchinis? :)

On 14-06-12 12:37 AM, Jay Sleichter via Market-farming wrote:
Agreed Parthenon is a great variety for high tunnels, my only problem is
they never last all season. I pick for a long season, but I plant other
plantings outside the tunnels. Other parthenocarpic varieties I have
tried and also grow, Perfect Pick and Cavali ( a light green zucchini,
good flavor and very crisp even raw). I have been growing the
parthenocarpic varieties for 5 years now, even outside the tunnels and I
am very happy with them and I don't have to worry about pollination all
the time.

This is Parthenon, I direct seeded these into a movable tunnel in early
August and I was harvesting in 30 days. There are 5 rows, 1 foot
between plants about 150 plants in here. Kinda tight, but you can
really produce bunches of zucchini!
jrslick's image
<http://s587.photobucket.com/user/jrslick/media/IMG_1529.jpg.html>

image <http://s587.photobucket.com/user/jrslick/media/IMG_1529.jpg.html>

jrslick's image
<http://s587.photobucket.com/user/jrslick/media/IMG_1529.jpg.html>
This photo was uploaded by jrslick.

View on s587.photobucket.com
<http://s587.photobucket.com/user/jrslick/media/IMG_1529.jpg.html>

Preview by Yahoo

Jay
Jay's Jellies, Produce and More
Clay Center, Kansas
www.jaysjellies.com
http://rvp.locallygrown.net/

On Wednesday, June 11, 2014 11:18 AM, Etienne Goyer